If you have been looking for a particular bank swift code for your online transactions, I have in this post put together all Nigerian bank swift code or as some people will call it; the BIC Codes of All Banks in Nigeria.
Nigerian Bank Swift Code is usually between eight and 11 characters that are unique to each bank or financial institution, and it is compulsory for international money transfer.
Bank unique identifier was initiated by the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication [SWIFT] and was as a result originally named after the organization and was later standardized as Bank Identifier Code [BIC].
A good number of Nigerian banks’ head office swift code ends in NGLA, designating the country code (NG – Nigeria) and location code (LA – Lagos).
Below is a list of all Nigerian Bank Swift Code
Though bank swift code is eight characters for head offices and 11 characters for other branches throughout the country, in most cases, the banks’ headquarters BIC is what is usually required for most international transactions. For that reason, I’m sticking with only the head offices (which are situated in Lagos) of the banks swift code.
Please note that:
- First 4 characters represent the bank’s code.
- The next two characters signify the country code (Nigeria’s code is NG).
- The subsequent two characters that follow represent head office location (LA for Lagos).
- Final three characters that make it 11 is for different branches of the bank in Nigeria.
For a case in point, the Central Bank of Nigeria Swift Code is CBNINGLA, where CBNI is the bank’s code, NG is the country code and LA stands for the location code. CBNI-NG-LA.
SWIFT Code for all Banks in Nigeria
- Access Bank PLC Swift Code – ABNGNGLA
- Diamond Bank PLC Swift Code – DBLNNGLA
- Fidelity Bank PLC Swift Code – FIDTNGLA
- FCMB Swift Code – FCMBNGLA.
- First Bank Nigeria Limited Swift Code – FBNINGLA
- GTB Swift Code – GTBINGLA
- Skye Bank Swift Code – PRDTNGLA
- Union Bank of Nigeria PLC Swift Code – UBNINGLA
- United Bank of Africa Swift Code – UNAFNGLA
- Zenith Bank Swift Code – ZEIBNGLA
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Swift Code – CITINGLA
- Ecobank Nigeria PLC Swift Code – ECOCNGLA
- Heritage Bank Limited Swift Code – HBCLNGLA
- Keystone Bank Limited Swift Code – PLNINGLA
- Stanbic IBTC Bank PLC Swift Code – SBICNGLX
- Standard Chartered Bank Limited – SCBLNGLA
- Sterling Bank PLC Swift Code – NAMENGLA
- Unity Bank PLC Swift Code – ICITNGLA
- Wema Bank PLC Swift Code – WEMANGLA
- Suntrust Bank Nigeria Limited Swift Code – SUTGNGLA
- Coronation Merchant Bank Swift Code – ADHLNGLA
- FBN Merchant Bank Swift Code – KDHLNGLA
- FSDH Merchant Bank Swift Code – FSDHNGLA
- Rand Merchant Bank Swift Code – FIRNNGLA
- Jaiz Bank Limited Swift Code – JAIZNGLA
That is all Nigerian bank swift code list. If you feel I missed anyone kindly let us know in the comment box below.